So why should you drive someone? Why should you hitch a ride?
The average commute total for an Australian is 4.5 hours per week (according to the HILDA Statistical Report 2019).
Doesn’t sound like much right? Wrong.
That is about 9 days of your year taken up: 9 days of petrol, 9 days of finding a car park, 9 days of paying for that car park, and 9 days of what probably contributed to you taking that mental health day.
Now don’t get me wrong - sure, I have a bias opinion towards carpooling. But there are so many benefits I have come to enjoy by carpooling to work:
- Halving - possibly even quartering - the costs of commuting
- Saving money on coffee (if your carpool mate is feeling generous)
- Great banter
- Saving time in your workday by having meetings during your commute
- Creating more car park availability
- Saving wear and tear on your car
- Greater workplace cohesiveness (I am looking at you, HR nerds)
- Contributing to the saving of thousands of tonnes of Co2 every year
Got more Questions? email@example.com