TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1. Create New Ride Request
- 1.1. Regular Rides
- 1.2. Updating Ride Details
- 1.3. Match Found!
- 2. Starting and Completing your Carpool Trip
Below is a step-by-step video tutorial on carpool booking process. You may also check out the detailed instructions below for more carpooling tips. Check this tutorial for details on how to add extra passengers.
1. Create New Ride Request
To book a ride, you will need to initially input your Destination and Origin addresses.
Note: It is important that you verify the other details (Departure date & time, companion, etc.) before submitting the booking request.
1.1. Regular Rides
This feature shows your top three rides sorted by the latest Departure Time. This feature makes it easier for users to book rides, particularly for the same Origin and Destination addresses.
You will still have the option to update the locations even after selecting Regular Rides.
1.2. Updating Ride Details
Should you need to update a detail of your rides, you could either:
- Click on the Pencil icon corresponding to the ride you specifically want to update.; or
- Click the ride to see its details then click the three-dots icon to edit.
1.3. Match Found!
For Public Rides, it is normal that a user will take time to look for a match for their ride.
Note: The system is smart enough to know if your ride will be a feasible match to another ride even if they do not have the exact same location and time details. Such matches will be flagged as "Not Optimal". There should be a prompt that states that the match is not optimal and a user may choose either proceed or not.
Tip: If you initially didn’t get a match, it is advised that you don’t cancel the request right away. Any ride that isn't matched will still be available for others to match with, right up until its departure time.
You will receive an in-app notification when your ride has found a match. Opening the notification will redirect you to another page with further details of the booked ride and the matched carpooler.
1. Click anywhere to start the tutorial. You can use the magnifying glass icon to zoom in/out if needed.
2. When booking for Public Rides, it is normal that a user will take time to look for a match for their ride.
Tip: To increase your chances of getting a match, choose the Driver or Rider if you have a vehicle and is also willing to be passenger.
3. Create a New Ride Request or book using your Regular Rides.
4. Note: The system is smart enough to know if your ride will be a feasible match to another ride even if they do not have the exact same location and time details. Such matches will be flagged as "Not Optimal".
5. There should be a prompt that states that the match is not optimal and a user may choose either proceed or not.
6. If your request successfully matched with another carpooler, you will be able to see your ride's details as well as the name of your co-carpooler.
Click the check icon at the bottom of your screen to proceed with the booking.
7. Your matched carpool rides will be displayed on the app's home screen with Accepted status.
8. Click anywhere to finish the tutorial.
Here's an interactive tutorial
** Best experienced in Full Screen (click the icon in the top right corner before you begin) **
2. Starting and Completing your Carpool Trip
Each trip's Drivers are assigned to be the ones to mark their rides as "Started" and "Completed on the app. To start the ride, the Drivers need to tap the "Start Trip" button on the application.
Note: It is important for a trip to be marked as Completed for it to be verified. This means that the drivers also need to click the "COMPLETED TRIP" button at the end of every trip.